Sunday, October 11, 2026

The Space Center Invites You to the Planetarium to Experience Beams and Screams, Just Right for the Halloween Season. The Space Place Offers FlightMares for Hallween. A Four Hour Mission Aboard the Starship Voyager. Updates from our Friends at Mission.io. Logan Sidwell Recognized as Local Author. Space News. The Imaginarium Theater


How About a Four-Hour Scary Halloween Mission in Utah's Largest Starship Simulator, the USS Voyager at The Space Place 



From our Friends at Mission.io
A Tour of Mission.io's World Headquarters in Provo, Utah. This is where I record the computer's voice for the Mission.io simulations.  Great things are happening in this simple office tucked away in the Provo riverbottoms — an educational revolution!



Meet Ralph, One of the Mission.io Simulations' Characters




Logan Sidwell, A Local Author and Former Space Center Staff Member, Named one of Five Notable Reads in Speculative Fiction for 2026
 

Yesterday, the Utah Book Awards named me one of Utah's five Notable Reads in Speculative Fiction for 2026. I was joined by friends from my writing world, my engineering world, and even a college roommate. Sharing my book with others has been a joy, and the surprise messages from readers have given me all the energy I need to keep going. Here's to hoping I get to have another celebration like this soon! Next time I'll really put up a fight against Brandon Sanderson.


Space News Update
by Mark Daymont



Congrats to NASA and SpaceX on the successful launch and docking of Crew-13 to the International Space Station. Their flight was the fastest ground-to-docking flight to the ISS of an American spacecraft (the Russians still have us beat). Below are ROSCOSMOS cosmonaut Sergey Teteryatnikov, NASA astronauts Luke Delaney and Jessica Watkins (Pilot and Commander), and CSA (Canadian Space Agency) astronaut and Mission Specialist Joshua Kutryk. The flight lasted less than 8 hours aboard the spacecraft "Grace."

Imaginarium Theater

The Best Videos of the Week From Around the World, Edited for a Gentler Audience


No comments: